Monday, August 13, 2012

Genesis 8:12

(SPOILER ALERT) We have arrived in the Republic of Korea (South Korea)... a few days ago. After a weekend of eating meat flavored snacks and some language frustration, my written record of my time in what so far could be called the Land of Rain is underway!

To all my friends and family reading this, I love and miss you dearly, even though we've only been gone for a few days. If any strangers are reading this, then welcome! I don't know what brought you, but pull up a chair and stay awhile!
I decided to make a blog instead of pounding out Facebook note after Facebook note to update those of you who are interested in our time away. Julia (my lovely wife) and I are embracing adventure and spending a year (or more) in South Korea and seeing what God and fate have in store for us. Julia has a full-time teaching position, and I will be tutoring local children in English. Although we miss all of friends and family back in the States and beyond, we are looking forward to the exciting year ahead.

On the second of August, we took off on Asiana Airlines for our destination after saying goodbye to our families at JFK. I may or may not have caused a bag check by forgetting to remove my Xbox 360 (product placement) from my carry-on. The flight was LONG, and as you might already know, it was my first time flying anywhere. Thankfully, the person who was supposed to sit next to us was MIA, so we had some much needed "extra" room.The food on the flight was okay. It was such a long flight, that we had two inflight meals, both of which were Korean dishes (one of which looked like this). When we weren't eating kimchi, I was watching movies. I don't really know why, but I didn't get out of my seat for the whole 15-hour flight! After circling the airport for a bit, we landed safely, got our luggage and looked for a sign marked "GVCS"!
... And that's where I'll pick up on my next post!

P.S.  I picked Gen 8:12 as the title because I was creating the blog, and that's the date, but I feel like that verse might relate to the end of our trip in a way. We'll see :D

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're doing this blog, Justin Hennighan! bensmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is such a good idea man. I am excited for the two of you and your adventures to come. On a different note, you should really do some writing in your spare time(other than this blog of course). You really have a knack for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom's on board with your blog. Looking forward to sharing this adventure with you.

    ReplyDelete